Sunday 20 October 2013

the ethicurean

Last weekend, I took a trip to my good friend Rowena's family home in Bath.

It was Rowena's Birthday, so to celebrate, we drove with her mother and sister an hour or so out of the city in the autumn darkness, deeper into the West Country to The Ethicurean - a kitchen garden restaurant overlooking the Mendip Hills in Somerset. Situated in Barley Wood Walled Garden's former glasshouse, The Ethicurean serves up delicious food using produce grown and sourced locally. (It was named Best Ethical Restaurant in the 2011 Observer Food Monthly awards and won a Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand earlier this year.) I ate Welsh rarebit (quite possibly the best thing I've ever tasted), pork belly and a chocolate and stout pudding. It was a jolly supper; I can't wait to return. On another note, I interviewed the team behind The Ethicurean for Toast Travels back in July - have a read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment