Monday 6 July 2015

summer june

D.'s mum got married in Edinburgh on the last Saturday in May; it was a splendid day. Here's D. leaving the family home in full Scot regalia. My favourite outfit!

A quick sketch on a napkin on the train back from the north.

Picasso's beloved ceramics on display at Sotheby's on New Bond Street. We went for the opening of the Impressionist & Modern Art sale - I wanted a lot of things.

I've had a bunch of postcards printed with a drawing on one side. Buy a cushion and you'll find one or two in with your order.

A new drawing: Too Early for Oysters.

Gloriously hot pink walls at the RA's Summer Exhibition.

I spent a rainy Sunday morning poring over my old scrapbooks.

And a new painting: Two Olives, Please.

A weekday summer supper: I grilled a couple of these rainbow trout with lots of lemon and parsley and served them with piles of salty samphire.

Raiding old boxes of photographs at my parent's house. Clearly I've always been a fan of colour blocking.

My grandparents, mum, uncle and aunts in Devon in the 1970s.

A sketch.

D. keeping cool during the weekend heat. Pink and red, an excellent combination.

Outdoor drawing club.

We had friends over for a long, happy supper last Saturday and feasted on crab, tomatoes, peaches and grilled asparagus. Lots of mint, basil and chilli - all those delicious flavours of a hot summer.

At home with a vase of huge, gaudy sunflowers. Perfect.

1 comment: